Penang Bird Park, Seberang Jaya
The Penang Bird Park, also known to many as Butterworth Bird Park, is home to hundreds of bird families. Did you know that out of over 300 bird species here, half of them are local species? Here’s a few more interesting facts about this park:
1. It is the first bird park in Malaysia. Established in 1988, the park is turning 30 this year! It is known not just as the first bird park in Seberang Jaya but in the entire country.
2. Penang Bird Park is also the largest bird park in Malaysia. You might need the Penang bird park map when getting around. It is a 5-acre park that houses 3,000 birds!
3. The park is not just home to birds. There are other animals that can be found here, such as deer, fish, and reptiles.
4. The park is open on all public holidays. Not all bird parks in Malaysia accommodate guests during public holidays. The park opens at 9:00 am and closes at 7:00 pm. They are also open on weekends.
5. They have their own restaurant in the vicinity. After a long walk, treat yourself to a nice meal at the Flamingo Cottage. This is the restaurant that can be found inside the bird park with plenty of dishes to choose from.
Here are more details about the park: Penang bird park entrance fee Adult - RM 38 Children 12 years old and below - RM 20 Do note school children gets a discounted ticket price to the Penang bird park. There is no entrance fee for underprivileged or physically/mentally handicapped visitors. The bird park is located nearby hotels, so it’s very convenient for you to get there. The Lexis Suites Penang, for instance, is just 32 km away from the park.
RM38 (Adult) | RM20 (Children 12 years and below)
(Prices are subject to change)
45, Lintang Kurau 7, Chai Leng Park, 13700 Perai, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
+60 4-399 1899
Monday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday 9:00am - 7:00pm